Friday, May 30, 2008
These photos are all self-portraits taken using the timer on my camera. It was problematic to get the photos focused, but many of them turned out. Also, in developing the film, one of the rolls is higher in contrast as I forgot to dilute the developer. However, I did not use filters to lower the contrast because I think the higher contrast looks better and more artistic.
This image was created using the sabattier technique in the darkroom . After many attempts, I was able to produce this image with a higher contrast.
This image demonstrates what happened when the image was not completely dry before I re-exposed the image to straight light. The black marks are where the water was.
This is the test strip I used in guessing the correct exposure for the sabattier pictured above.